DETAIL ACTIVITIES OF CREW TRAINING INSTITUTE, CHANDABALI
Crew Training Institute, Chandabali has started its functioning in the year 1979 and now functioning under the control of the Directorate of Ports and
Inland Water Transport under Commerce & Transport (Com) Department, Government of Odisha.
Aim & Objective of Creation:-
- To impart theoretical and practical training to train candidates in the running and maintenance of vessels
efficiency and at the same time safety of vessels life and property on high seas.
- To run quality Passenger Launch Service to inaccessible area with proper management,
where there is no other mode of transportation.To impart high quality technical education in boat building, hull construction, running and maintenance of marine engines,
operation and maintenance of modern navigational equipments used by inland vessels and sea going vessels.
- Proper implementation of Odisha Boat Rules-2004
- Provide employment to the unemployed youth of the state in inland as well as sea going vessels.
- Conducting competency certificate examination for engine drivers and serangs of mechanically propelled vessels.
- Promote research, design and develop more fuel efficient mechanically propelled vessels with more carrying capacity and better speed.